This is a special video tour of the new NASA Sustainability Base at Moffett Field CA. Almost 50 Silicon Valley Association for Facilities Engineering members and guests got to explore the new “lunar-shaped” structures that incorporate a long list of state-of-the-art features including:
* A ground-source heating system that uses 106 geothermal wells
* Plumbing systems that target a 90% reduction in potable water consumption
* Natural lighting optimization
* An exoskeleton supporting the building from the outside
* Energy-efficient power system using roof top photovoltaics and 2nd generation Bloom Box fuel cells, and
* Radiant cooling ceiling tiles that also reduce ambient noise.
Following the tour, we enjoyed food, wine, beer, an extensive Q & A period, and an array of networking opportunities. Special thanks to Computer Air Power Systems (CAPS) for sponsoring the event along with the many NASA participants, contractors and AFE members who made this eye-opening event possible. Please see the credits at the end of the video for additional people and organizations that made this event possible.